Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

BIBLE-STUDIES - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* BIBLE-STUDIES > Topics

Subject: THE LAW OF GOD
Replies: 19 Views: 1310

elijah_2 30.05.12 - 03:16am
INTRODUCTION: The subject of the Ten Commandment Law of God is one of the most debated subjects in Christian circle. There is one Group of people who say the Ten Commandment Law was only for the Jews and it came to an end at the cross of Jesus. Then there is another group that will say the Ten Commandment Law didnt begin with Moses and the Children of Israel, but the Ten Commandment Law is Gods eternal standard by which human beings are to live by. *

elijah_2 30.05.12 - 06:48am
QUESTION 1: What are the Ten Commandments, and whose instructions are they?

Exodus 20:1-17 And God spake all these words:

COMMANDMENT 1

Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

COMMANDMENT 2

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing] that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

COMMANDMENT 3

Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

COMMANDMENT 4

Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day, and hallowed it.

COMMANDMENT 5

Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

COMMANDMENT 6

Thou shalt not kill.

COMMANDMENT 7

Thou shalt not commit adultery.

COMMANDMENT 8

Thou shalt not steal.

COMMANDMENT 9

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

COMMANDMENT 10

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

NB: The Bible is clear these words: the Ten Commandments was spoken audibly by GOD HIMSELF DIRECTLY from His Throne in Heaven. *

elijah_2 30.05.12 - 07:06am
QUESTION 2: Ok God spoke the Ten Commandments, but who wrote them, was it Holy Men as they were moved by the Holy Spirit?

Exodus 31:18 And he [God] gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.

Exodus 32:15-16 And Moses turned, and went down from the mount, and the two tables of the testimony were in his hand: the tables were written on BOTH their sides; on the one side and on the other were they written. 16 And the tables were the work of God, and the writing was the writing of God, graven upon the tables.

NB: Jehovah God entrusted man to pen all the rest of scripture, but when it came to his Ten Commandments Law. He wrote it HIMSELF ark welding with His very Own Finger on Tables of stone.

In Exodus 32:19-20 The Bible later reveals that when Moses came down from the Mountain and saw the people worshiping the golden calf. Moses got so angry that he broke the tables of Stones on which God had previously written. *

elijah_2 30.05.12 - 07:19am
QUESTION: 3 After Moses broke the First set of Tables of Stone as mentioned in Exodus 32:15-16; who wrote the Ten Commandment on THE SECOND SET of Tables of Stones?

Exodus 34:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest.

Deuteronomy 10:1-5 At that time the LORD said unto me, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first, and come up unto me into the mount, and make thee an ark of wood.

2 And I will write on the tables the words that were in the first tables which thou brakest, and thou shalt put them in the ark.

3 And I made an ark of s**ttim wood, and hewed two tables of stone like unto the first, and went up into the mount, having the two tables in mine hand.

4 And he [God] wrote on the tables, according to the first writing, the ten commandments, which the LORD spake unto you in the mount out of the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly: and the LORD gave them unto me.

5 And I turned myself and came down from the mount, and put the tables in the ark which I had made; and there they be, as the LORD commanded me.

NB: According to both passages God himself was the One who wrote the Ten Commandment Law on tables of Stone the Second time, all Moses did was to Cut or Hew the Tables of Stones for God to write on. *

elijah_2 30.05.12 - 07:26am
QUESTION 4: What is another name that God gave to his Ten Commandment Law?

Deuteronomy 4:12-13 And the LORD spake unto you out of the midst of the fire: ye heard the voice of the words, but saw no similitude; only ye heard a voice. And he God[ declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.

NB: Another name that God gave to his Ten Commandment Law is ''His Covenant'' *

elijah_2 30.05.12 - 07:34am
QUESTION 5: Is the Ten Commandment Law of God Eternal?

Psalm 111:7-9 The works of his hands are verity and judgment; all HIS COMMANDMENTS are sure. They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness. He sent redemption unto his people: he hath commanded HIS COVENANT For ever: holy and reverend is his name.

Psalm 119:89 For ever, O LORD, THY WORD is settled in heaven.

NB: God's Word; God's Ten Commandment Law is Eternal like God Himself. The Bible tells us that God exalts His WORD; His LAW even above is very own name. (Psalm 138:2). *

elijah_2 30.05.12 - 07:37am
QUESTION 6: Can the Ten Commandment Law of God be change or Alter?

Psalm 111:7-9 MY COVENANT will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.

Luke 16:17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one t*tle of THE LAW to fail.

Luke 21:33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but MY WORDS shall not pass away. *

elijah_2 30.05.12 - 07:39am
QUESTION: 7 What is SIN?

1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also THE LAW: for sin is the transgression of THE LAW.

The word Transgression means; the breaking of a Law civil or moral. (Websters Dictionary)

NB: In this case, it is taking about the breaking of the Moral Law of God. *

elijah_2 30.05.12 - 07:41am
QUESTION: 8 Could a person had sin if the LAW was not in Existence?

Romans 5:13 For until THE LAW sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is NO LAW. *

elijah_2 30.05.12 - 07:43am
QUESTION: 9 Can a person sin now if THE LAW is no more?

Romans 5:13 ...but Sin is not imputed when there is NO LAW.

Romans 4:15 Because THE LAW worketh wrath: for where NO LAW is, there is no transgression. *

elijah_2 30.05.12 - 07:45am
QUESTION: 10 Can anyone be saved by Keeping the Ten Commandment Law?

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of THE LAW there shall no flesh be justified in his sight

Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of THE LAW.

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of THE LAW, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of THE LAW: ]for by the works of THE LAW shall no flesh be justified.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. *

elijah_2 30.05.12 - 07:55am
QUESTION 11: If the Ten Commandment Law CANNOT SAVE a person; then what Purpose does The LAW serve?

Romans 3:20 for by THE LAW is the knowledge of sin.

Romans 7:7 What shall we say then? is THE LAW sin? God forbid. Nay, I [Paul] had not known [what is] sin, but by THE LAW: for I had not known lust, except THE LAW had said, ''Thou shalt not covet'' (Exodus 20:17).

Romans 7:12 Wherefore THE LAW is holy, and THE COMMANDMENT holy, and just, and good.

NB: The Apostle James compares the Ten Commandment Law to a Mirror (James 1:22-25). The purpose of the Mirror is to show the true reflection of ones self; likewise, the Ten Commandment Law of God shows a person when he or she has commit sin. The Example the Apostle Paul uses is that before he knew about the Tenth Commandment Thou shalt not covet. He use to l*st or covet after others, but as soon as he saw what the Tenth Commandment had said, Thou shalt not covet (Exodus 20:17). He then had knowledge that he was committing a sin.

The Ten Commandment Law was NEVER given us as a means by which mankind should be saved; rather, the main purpose of the Law was and is to act as a Mirror that shows us when we have committed a sinned and has fallen short of the Glory of God. *

elijah_2 30.05.12 - 08:28am
QUESTION 12: What is the Core duty of Mankind to the Creator God?

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep HIS COMMANDMENTS: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

NB: Solomon the wises man ever live; under divine inspiration says that the core duty of mankind is to fear God which means to Reverence Godas well as keep his Commandments - - - And in the very next verse he tells us why we are to Fear God, and why we are to keep the Commandments of God, Because God shall bring every work into Judgment *

elijah_2 30.05.12 - 02:29pm
QUESTION:13 Every man and woman some day will stand before the Judgment Seat of God to be Judge, but what is and what will be the Standard by which mankind will be Judge?

James 2:10, 12 For whosoever shall keep THE WHOLE LAW, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be JUDGED by THE LAW of Liberty.

NB: the Apostle James like the wise man Solomon says mankind will be Judge by the Law, that is, the Commandments of God. *

elijah_2 30.05.12 - 02:59pm
QUESTION:14 Does the Ten Commandment Law of God have any Flaw in it?

Romans 7:12 Wherefore the LAW is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

Psalms 19:7 The LAW of the LORD is PERFECT.

James 1:25 But whoso looketh into The PERFECT LAW of Liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man SHALL BE BLESSED in his deed.

NB: The Bible is both the Old and New Testament says that the Ten Commandment Law is Holy, Just, good and Perfect. Therefore; there is nothing wrong with the Ten Commandments Law. Therefore, why would someone want to get rid of something that is HOLY, JUST, GOOD AND PERFECT? *

elijah_2 30.05.12 - 03:15pm
QUESTION:15 Does the Ten Commandment Law of God put someone into bondage or Does it brings someone into Liberty?

James 1:25 the Perfect LAW of LIBERTY

James 2:12 THE LAW of LIBERTY.

Why is the Ten Commandment Law: called the Law of Liberty? In Exodus 20:2 God says to people, I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep HIS COMMANDMENTS. And HIS COMMANDMENTS are not burdensome.

Proverbs 29:18 He that keepeth THE LAW, HAPPY is he. *

elijah_2 30.05.12 - 03:34pm
QUESTION:16 Did Jesus break the Ten Commandment Law of God or did he keep them?

Mathew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the Law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

John 15:10 I have kept my Father's commandments.

Hebrews 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without SIN.

In John 8:46 Jesus said, Which of you convinceth me of SIN? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

NB: Jesus Kept the Ten Commandment Law; he NEVER broke any of them, because if he did then he would have committed sin; for sin is defined as when one breaks the Law of God. *

elijah_2 30.05.12 - 03:50pm
QUESTION:17 Did Jesus teach others to break the Ten Commandment Law of God or to keep them?

Mathew 19:16-17 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep THE COMMANDMENTS.

Romans 2:13 For not the hearers of THE LAW are just before God, but the doers of THE LAW shall be justified.

In Revelation 14:12 The Angel revealed to the Apostle John who the true saints of God are, Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep THE COMMANDMENTS of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Furthermore in Revelation 22:14 we read, Blessed are they that do HIS COMMANDMENTS, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. *

elijah_2 30.05.12 - 03:53pm
QUESTION 18: Jesus speaks of the Father's Commandments and [iJesus likewise speaks of his Commandments - - - so, are: the Father's Commandments and Jesus's Commandments two different set of Commandments?

Isaiah 33:22 For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our Lawgiver, the LORD is our king; he will save us.

James 4:12 There is one Lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

NB: There are not two different Lawgivers, but the Lawgiver is one referring to the unity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

The Bible says the Creator God: who is the same God who gave the Ten Commandment Law; is the Lord of the Sabbath (Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11). Jesus is also the Creator; and he is too the Lord of the Sabbath (John 1:1-3; Mark 2:28). Therefore; the Father's Commandments and Jesus's Commandments are not two different Laws, but the same Law.

Correspondingly, Jesus refers to the Angels as the Father's angels, and he likewise refer to the angels as My angels. Jesus refers to the Throne in heaven as the Father's Throne, and he likewise refer to the Throne as My Throne. Jesus refers to the Kingdom as the Father's Kingdom, and Jesus like wise refers to the Kingdom as My Kingdom. *

elijah_2 30.05.12 - 08:13pm
To be Continued... *

This topic is locked.
* BIBLE-STUDIES Forum

Search:
topics replies

* BIBLE-STUDIES

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits