Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

BIBLE-STUDIES - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* BIBLE-STUDIES > Topics

Subject: Re: Michael and Jesus
Replies: 3 Views: 631

elijah_2 22.05.12 - 04:32am
This is a response to the Topic: ''Michael and Jesus'' posted in a Group titled ''Wot the Bible says'' - Here is the Link - http://twilightwap.com/groups/?sid=el5W9z164351800&page=group&gid=85951

Here i will Just be asking some questions, and making comments, as well as to draw analogies to show inconsistencies in that particular topic. This will be an open topic. *

elijah_2 22.05.12 - 04:43am
QUOTE 1

''Moreover, Jesus is linked with the office of archangel. Regarding the resurrected Lord Jesus Christ, 1 Thessalonians 4:16 states: ''The Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangels voice.'' Thus the voice of Jesus is described as being that of an archangel. This scripture therefore suggests that Jesus himself is the archangel Michael.''

RESPONSE: The Passage also goes on to say, Jesus will be coming with the trumpet of God. Therefore, base on the same reasoning: if Jesus coming with the voice of the archangel proves that he is the archangel. Then, he coming with Gods Trumpet would also prove that he is God. *

elijah_2 22.05.12 - 04:52am
QUOTE 2

Army Leader. The Bible states that ''Michael and his angels battled with the dragon . . . and its angels.'' (Revelation 12:7) Thus, Michael is the Leader of an army of faithful angels. Revelation also describes Jesus as the Leader of an army of faithful angels. (Revelation 19:14-16) And the apostle Paul specifically mentions ''the Lord Jesus'' and ''his powerful angels.'' (2 Thessalonians 1:7; Matthew 16:27; 24:31; 1 Peter 3:22) So the Bible speaks of BOTH Michael and ''his angels'' and Jesus and ''his angels'' (Matthew 13:41), [and] Since Gods Word nowhere indicates that there are 2 armies of faithful angels in heaven... one headed by Michael and one headed by Jesus, it is logical to conclude that Michael is none other than Jesus Christ in his heavenly role.

RESPONSE Using the same reasoning as used above in the quotation with Passages such as: Psalm 104:1, 4; 148:1-2 Jesus is identified to be Jehovah God.

In Psalm 104:1, 4 we read,

''1.Bless Jehovah, O my soul. O Jehovah my God, you have proved very great. With dignity and splendor you have clothed yourself, 4. Making his angels spirits, His ministers a devouring fire.''

Again, Psalm 148:1-2

''1. Praise Jah, YOU people! Praise Jehovah from the heavens, Praise him in the heights. 2.Praise him, all YOU his angels. Praise him, all YOU his army.''

Now, we have already seen from the quotation above that the Angels are his Angels in reference to Jesus Christ. And also, his armies.

But, now we are learning that the Angels are his Angels AND his armies in reference to Jehovah, Jah (see: above passages, and also Job 4:13; Ps 91:11; 103:20).

THEREFORE; using same reasoning and logic as used in the quotation above. If there ARE NOT TWO set of Angels in heaven; one set led by Jehovah, Jah, and another led by Jesus. Then, Jesus MUST be the Jehovah and the Jah mentioned in the Book of Job and in the Book of Psalms. *

elijah_2 22.05.12 - 06:01am
QUOTE 3

Do you remember the angels that came to earth and married the beautiful women? Those angels didnt have wings. But when Noahs flood came they got angel bodys and flew back to heaven again.

RESPONSE: Even though there are numerous occasions in the Bible; that records events where Angels took on human or physical form. The fact still remains that Angels are spirit creatures (Hebrews 1:17). And a Spirit DOES NOT have flesh and blood. Even though an Angel can take on a physical form in making himself visible to us in our three dimensional world, in reality they DO NOT have blood running through their bodies; all we are seeing is just a physical form.

FURTHER YET, Nowhere in the scriptures does it indicate that Angels have the ability to procreate.

The Scripture records the creation of Adam and Eve and their fall into sin (Genesis 2-3). Subsequently, the pre-Flood world saw complete degeneration of morals and constant rebellion against the Creator.

In the words of Genesis 6:1-5:

When MEN began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they[the Sons of God] took as their wives any they chose. THEN the LORD said, 'My Spirit will not abide in MAN forever, for he IS FLESH; his days shall be 120 years.

Now, the common interpretation of the term Sons of God- is that it means; Angels of God However, the term: Sons of God is not reserved to Angels alone. The term: Sons of God is also used in reference to faithful followers of the LORD God.

TAKE FOR EXAMPLE:

In Deuteronomy 14:1-2 we read, You [men of Israel] are the sons of the LORD your God. For this reason you [Men of Israel] shall not cut yourselves or make any baldness on your forehead for the dead. For you [Men of Israel] are a people holy to the LORD your God, and the LORD has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession, out of all the people who are on the face of the earth.

Even after the Lord had scattered the people of Israel because of their sins, He nevertheless promised to gather them from the four winds of the earth once more. And, God calls them His sons and daughters:

Fear not, for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east, and from the west I will gather you. I will say to the north, Give up, and to the south, Do not withhold; bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the end of the earth, everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made. (Isaiah 43:5-7)

And even in the New Testament there are many examples of believers reckoned as sons of God.
For example:

You [Jews and Gentile believers] are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek. (Galatians 3:26)

Further yet; the interpretation here is that Sons of God is a reference to FALLEN Angels. However, the term: Sons of God when used in relation to Angels so to speak is always a reference to the faithful and loyal angels NEVER a fallen and unfaithful angel. Similarly, Faithfull human servants are called Sons of God (Galatians 3:26). But unjust men are called Sons of Satan (John 8:44). - - - In Matthew 13:38we read, The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one.

The sons of God here are Not Angels, rather they are the faithful and godly men of the Sethite line; whilst, the daughters of men are the unfaithful and ungodly women of the Cainite line. Another example of this would be Samson and Delilah. Samson would be a son of God, and Delilah would be a daughter of men. *

* BIBLE-STUDIES Forum

Search:
topics replies

* BIBLE-STUDIES

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits