Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

BIBLE-STUDIES - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* BIBLE-STUDIES > Topics

Subject: GOD IS ONE
Replies: 38 Views: 1242

elijah_2 12.05.12 - 10:40pm
INTRODUCTION: In times of Ancient Israel there were various gods that were worshipped and served by the heathens. The Heathenitie nations worshipped and served many different gods all at once. They would have a god for the day, another god who creates the Night; a god who creates the Sun, another god who created the fish and all hosts of other gods. This is what is known as Polytheism (the worship or belief in more than one god). But God through his servant Moses told the Israelites of Old, that unlike the Heathenities; you ONLY serve one God; the God who created all things (to include: the Day, the Night, the Sun, the Fishes, ect). This is what is known as Monotheism (the belief that there is ONLY one being that is God). In Deuteronomy 6:4 we see this Monotheistic declaration, Hear O Israel the LORD [YHVH] our God is one LORD. And this became the testimony of all the prophets to the Israelites. *

elijah_2 12.05.12 - 10:49pm
Monotheism Monotheism means; that there is only one being that is God. NB: that in monotheism God is one being. It DOES NOT say God is one person. Being and Person is not the same thing nor do they mean the same thing. Being means the nature of a thing; while persons refer to the identity of the thing. Adam and Eve ARE NOT two different being: Adam is NOT a different being from Eve. But Adam and Eve are two different persons. *

elijah_2 15.05.12 - 04:16pm
Further yet; a being doesnt necessarily have to be a person. But a person is a being. An animal is a being, but an animal is NOT a person. We are all one being which is human yet we are all different persons. Gabriel and Adam ARE NOT the same being one is a Angelic being and the other is a human being But on the other hand Gabriel is NOT a different being from Lucifer; they are both an Angelic being. However, Gabriel and Lucifer are two different persons. *

elijah_2 15.05.12 - 04:25pm
In the one being that is God there exist THREE inseparable, yet distinct subsistences. We normally refer to these three distinct subsistence as Persons. - - -

NB: When we say persons, we are NOT saying persons in the same way as how we would see three people standing or sitting here. Because, Gods nature is Spirit, and a Spirit doesnt have flesh and bones. Further yet; Gods transcendent nature DOESNT have a physical form. We normally use the word person due to the fact that it is the only available word in our corrupt sinful language that can be use to identify the three distinct subsistence that exist in the one being of God. *

elijah_2 15.05.12 - 04:36pm
At the Incarnation; the New Testament writers use the words: Father, Son, Holy Spirit to identify the three distinct subsistence that exist in the one being that is God. - - - Father, Son, Holy Spirit is the one being that is God i.e,, who is deity by nature. But Father, Son, Holy Spirit are different persons [note: Not as how we are person as mentioned above]. *

elijah_2 15.05.12 - 04:58pm
An allegory to this reality or a mere reflection to this actuality is communicated to mankind by God himself in the Marriage relationship between Adam and Eve. In the Garden of Eden God called the marriage relationship between Adam and Eve as an inseparable union one flesh (Genesis 2:24). Yet the Bible reveals that Adam and Eve are two distinct identities: The man and the woman (Genesis 3:12). *

elijah_2 15.05.12 - 05:02pm
One of the main reasons why we normally use person even though it doesnt accurately describe the three distinct subsistence; is due to the fact that in our society - persons are normally identified by the use of what we call personal pro nouns: I, me, my, mine, you, he, his, him, we and our. And each one of these three distinct subsistence in the one being of God can independently use these personal pro nouns in establishing its own identity. *

elijah_2 15.05.12 - 05:10pm
THE FIRST PERSON whom we call the Father says, I

In Mathew 3:17 we read, And lo a voice from heaven, saying, ''This is MY beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased''.

Notice: Here the First person of the Omnipotent God speaks DIRECTLY - he says, ''This is MY beloved Son, in whom I - Not the Son, - Not the Holy Spirit, but I The Father is well pleased''. *

elijah_2 15.05.12 - 06:16pm
THE SECOND PERSON whom we call the Son says, I

In Revelation 22:16 we read, [quote] ''I Jesus have sent MINE angel to testify unto you these things in the churches...''

Notice: Here the second person of the Omnipotent God speaks DIRECTLY - he says, ''I - Not the Father, - Not the Holy Spirit, but I Jesus the second person of the Omnipotent God, has sent MY Angel to testify unto you these things.'' *

elijah_2 15.05.12 - 06:22pm
THE THIRD PERSON whom we call the Holy Spirit says, I

In Acts 13:2 we read, As they [the disciples] ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, [quote] ''Separate ME Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.''

Notice: Here the third person of the Omnipotent God speaks DIRECTLY - he says, - ''I - Not the Father, Not the Son, but I the Holy Spirit the third person of the Omnipotent God, has called Barnabas and Saul to ministry''. *

elijah_2 15.05.12 - 07:13pm
In the times of Ancient Israel the various heathens gods had a personal distinguishing name. The god of fertility, s*xuality, and war was given the name Ashtoreth. The god of the Sun was given the name Baal. The god of the day; as in daylight was given the name Hemera. The god of the Night; as in darkness was given the name Erebus. The god of the fishes was given the name Dagon. And the list goes on and on.

But these so called gods ARE NOT deity BY NATURE (Galatians 4:8). That is, they Dont possess what it takes to be a TRUE DEITY. Now, these are the attrbutes that makes God TRULY DEITY : Transcendence, Divine, Eternal, Immutability, Omniscient, and Omnipotent. *

elijah_2 15.05.12 - 07:25pm
In Contrast to those heathenite gods, the true God who created EVERYTHING there is in existence, named himself Jehovah [YHVH]. He was also given a number of other names in the scriptures. But his most prominent name is Jehovah. And the name Jehovah perfectly describes the Essence of the only True being that is DEITY BY NATURE. The name Jehovah simply means; the Self Existent One; the One that is Eternal; the One that has no Beginning or Ending. *

elijah_2 15.05.12 - 07:54pm
The THREE inseparable; yet distinct subsistence in the one being who is truly deity by nature is given that name Jehovah [YHVH]. Similar to how the name Adam was given to both the man and the woman in their separable union.

In Genesis 5:2 Moses writes, Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

But at the same time, the man to himself is identified as Adam (Genesis 5:3). Likewise, the one being of God is ascribe the name Yahweh or Jehovah, but at times the first person of the Omnipotent God whom we call the Father is called Yahweh or Jehovah to himself. *

elijah_2 15.05.12 - 08:03pm
In Psalm 83:18 we read, that men may know that you, whose name ALONE is JEHOVAH, are the most high over all the earth.

NB: Only the God who created EVERYTHING there is in existence. David's God has the name 'JEHOVAH' -(which means; the Self Existent One; The Eternal One).. *

elijah_2 15.05.12 - 08:33pm
As we have seen earlier that the one being that is deity BY NATURE - that being alone has the personal name (Yahweh or Jehovah). But each of the three distinct subsistence we often call persons can individually be called or identified with the personal name JEHOVAH. - This is made clear in a number of Old and New Testament passages. Let us examine a few of these passages, starting with the Old Testament. In the mouth of two or three witnesses let something be established. *

elijah_2 15.05.12 - 09:16pm
THE TWO JEHOVAHS AT SODOM

In Genesis chapter 18:1 The Bible tells that Jehovah himself appeared to Abraham one day while he was sitting under the scared trees of Mamre. In verse 2, the Bible tells us that that Abraham saw three men appeared to him. In verse 9, the three men asked Abraham where is your wife Sarah was, and Abraham told then that she was inside of the tent. *

elijah_2 15.05.12 - 09:19pm
Then in next verse; (verse 10), one of the three men said to Abraham, I will certainly return unto thee when the season cometh round; and, lo, Sarah thy wife shall have a son. And Sarah heard what the man had said to Abraham. And Sarah laughed within herself, saying, after I am waxed old shall I have pleasure...(verse 12). *

elijah_2 15.05.12 - 09:23pm
Then the man that spoke; read Sarahs mind. Now, we are going to know who this man really is, that has been speaking. The Bible says in the very next verse, (verse 13) Jehovah said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, who am old? Is anything too hard for Jehovah? At the set time I will return unto thee, when the season cometh round, and Sarah shall have a son (verses 13-14). Then in (verse 18), the Bible says; Sarah denied, saying, I laughed not; for she was afraid. And he [Jehovah] said, Nay; but thou did laugh. *

elijah_2 15.05.12 - 09:35pm
In (verse 16), the three men got up and Abraham got up also, and thee three men started walking towards Sodom, and Abraham was walking along side them. In (verses 17-22) Jehovah started to contemplate whether or not he should reveal himself to Abraham or not. Finally, Jehovah decided to stay with Abraham, and so the other two men went ahead leaving Jehovah behind and they went down to Sodom. *

elijah_2 15.05.12 - 09:44pm
And from (verse 17 )all the way to (verse 32) Abraham and Jehovah stood together talking; and Abraham began to question Jehovah about what he plans to do as it relates to Sodom. And after the long conversation between the two; Jehovah left from where Abraham was standing. Then Abraham returned home. *

elijah_2 15.05.12 - 09:47pm
In Genesis chapter 19:1 the Bible tells us now, without a shadow of a doubt who the other two men are that appeared along side Jehovah. The Bible says starting in (verse 1), And the two angels came to Sodom at evening *

elijah_2 15.05.12 - 09:56pm
The scene changes In Chapter 19; from Jehovah and Abraham to the other two men who we now know are angels. And the Bible begins to make mention of these two angels in Sodom and their experiences there. (verses 1-12). And in (verse 13), the two angels began to tell Lot what they were going to do to Sodom, for we will destroy this place, because the cry of them is waxed great before Jehovah: and Jehovah hath sent us to destroy it. *

elijah_2 15.05.12 - 10:11pm
And from (verse 13) all the way to (verse 23) the Bible speaks of Lot and his family preparation up until their departure from Sodom. Then after Lot and his family exited the grounds of Sodom. The Bible says JEHOVAH; the One who is there standing on the Earth; the same One that was walking and talking with Abraham called fire down from heaven from a second person who is also called JEHOVAH that is sitting in heaven at this time.

Genesis 19:24-25 ASV

Then JEHOVAH rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from JEHOVAH out of heaven; and he overthrew those cities, and all the Plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground. *

elijah_2 15.05.12 - 10:25pm
NB: JEHOVAH who standing un the ground rained down brimstone and fire from a JEHOVAH that was in the sky. One Yahweh was on the ground, the other Yahweh in the sky. *

elijah_2 15.05.12 - 10:44pm
The Two Yahweh of Sodom continues in the Book of Amos chapter 4. . .

We have seen that in times of Sodom and Gomorrah there were two Yahwehs. One Jehovah was there standing on the Earth, and the same time there was another Jehovah that was there in heaven. Now, the bible in Amos chapter 4 goes on to tell us that; the two Yahwehs in the times of Abraham are both God. Not just some angel representing Yahweh as some would have us believe. The Bible records God himself speaking all the way from Amos 4:1, but we will pick it up in (verse 10) to (verse 11) to cut a long story short.

GOD SPEAKING

Amos 4:10-11 ASV

I have sent among you the pestilence after the manner of Egypt: your young men have I slain with the sword, and have carried away your horses; and I have made the stench of your camp to come up even into your nostrils: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith Jehovah. I have overthrown cities among you, as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah, and ye were as a brand plucked out of the burning: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith Jehovah. *

elijah_2 15.05.12 - 11:02pm
NB: Here Jehovah is speaking, but he refers to God in the third person. Now, in a story one speaking may refer to himself in the first person, and in some cases the second person. But the one speaking cannot refer to himself in the third person. As the third person is one that is used to contrast with or compare with the first person.

THEREFORE; The speaking that is called both God and Jehovah in the passage, is DISTINCT from the One he refers to as GOD. Hence, their are two distinct persons identified as JEHOVAH GOD *

elijah_2 15.05.12 - 11:12pm
A Second Example of two Yahwehs

Hosea 1:7 (ASV)

But I will have mercy upon the house of Judah, and will save them by Jehovah their God, and will not save them by bow, nor by sword, nor by battle, by horses, nor by hor .

Again, Jehovah is speaking but refers to Jehovah their God in the third person. *

elijah_2 15.05.12 - 11:19pm
A Third Example of two Yahwehs

Zechariah 2:8-9 ASV

For thus saith Jehovah of hosts: After glory hath he sent me unto the nations which plundered you; for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye. For, behold, I will shake my hand over them, and they shall be a spoil to those that served them; and ye shall know that Jehovah of hosts hath sent me.

Notice: Jehovah is speaking, but then says that Jehovah of hosts hath sent me. *

elijah_2 15.05.12 - 11:32pm
A Fourth Example of two Yahwehs

Isaiah 44:6 Thus saith Jehovah, the King of Israel, and his Redeemer, Jehovah of hosts: I am the first, and I am the last; and besides me there is no God.

Note: That there are two persons called Jehovah in this one verse. The first JEHOVAH is called the King of Israel AND the second JEHOVAH is called Jehovah of Host. And both claim the title: the First and the Last *

elijah_2 15.05.12 - 11:57pm
Proof that this verse is referring to more than one persons. Let us Look at some Parallel Passages:

Revelation 12:10 ASV

And I heard a great voice in heaven, saying, Now is come the salvation, and the power, and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, who accuseth them before our God day and night.

Revelation 11:15 ASV

And the seventh angel sounded; and there followed great voices in heaven, and they said, The kingdom of the world is become the kingdom of our Lord, and of his Christ: and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Acts 4:26 ASV

The kings of the earth set themselves in array, And the rulers were gathered together, Against the Lord, and against his Anointed. *

elijah_2 16.05.12 - 12:12am
A Fifth Example of two Yahwehs

Isaiah 49:7 ASV

Thus saith Jehovah, the Redeemer of Israel, and his Holy One, to him whom man despiseth, to him whom the nation abhorreth, to a servant of rulers: Kings shall see and arise; princes, and they shall worship; because of Jehovah that is faithful, even the Holy One of Israel, who hath chosen thee.

Note: Here again, there are two called Jehovah. The First Jehovah is the Redeemer of Israel AND the Second Jehovah is the Holy One. And Just in case someone might doubt that- the Holy One - is NOT Jehovah God. Look at verses such as:

Job 6:10 ASV

And be it still my consolation, Yea, let me exult in pain that spareth not, That I have not denied the words of the Holy One.

Again, Isaiah 30:15 ASV

For thus said the Lord Jehovah, the Holy One of Israel, in returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength. And ye would not. *

elijah_2 16.05.12 - 12:37am
In James 2:19 the Bible says this, Thou believest that God is one; thou doest well: the demons also believe, and shudder.

NB: The word shudder means; Tremble convulsively, typically as a result of fear or repugnance. (Dictionary.com).
James 2:19 speaking about the demons believing that God is one and trembling is a mere references to Mark 1:23-24 which says this, And straightway there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit [demon] ; and he cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus thou Nazarene? Art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God.

Now, we already saw that the Holy One is Jehovah God. And here the demons shudder in the presence of Jesus. Note; they didnt say, because your Father is the Big guy, and we are afraid him. NO they were afraid of Jesus because they knew that he was The Holy One who the Old Testament over and over says is Jehovah God. *

elijah_2 16.05.12 - 12:44am
Finally Point, in this study...

THE FIRST PERSON of the Omnipotent God whom we call the father is called and identified as Jehovah *

elijah_2 16.05.12 - 01:04am
THE SECOND ERSON of the Omnipotent God whom we call the Son is called and identified as Jehovah

At the closed of Jesus Earthly ministry after preaching for three and a half years. The Jewish people fail to recognized him as there Messiah; John then had this to say; WATCH CAREFULLY,

John 12:35-40 Jesus therefore said unto them, Yet a little while is the light among you. Walk while ye have the light, that darkness overtake you not: and he that walketh in the darkness knoweth not whither he goeth. 36 While ye have the light, believe on the light, that ye may become sons of light. These things spake Jesus, and he departed and hid himself from them. 37. But though he [Jesus] had done so many signs before them, yet they believed not on him: 38. that the word of Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? And to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed? 39. For this cause they could not believe, for that Isaiah said again, 40 He hath blinded their eyes, and he hardened their heart; Lest they should see with their eyes, and perceive with their heart, And should turn, And I should heal them. 41. These things said Isaiah, because he [Isaiah] saw his glory; and he spake of him. *

elijah_2 16.05.12 - 02:33am
NB: The subject and the context of the ENTIRE passage is about JESUS and no other. The Gospel writer John quotes the writings of Isaiah two times in the passage. But let us give our attention to the Last quotation John made from the writings of Isaiah, for that Isaiah said again, He hath blinded their eyes, and he hardened their heart; Lest they should see with their eyes, and perceive with their heart, And should turn, And I should heal them. (verses 39-40).

The passage from which the Gospel writer John was quoting from is Isaiah chapter 6, verses 1 to 10. But for the sake of those who dont like the long reading, I will quote the first three verses, and then jump down to the last three verses.

1.In the year that king Uzziah died I [Isaiah] saw JEHOVAH sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and his train filled the temple. 2. Above him stood the seraphim: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. 3. And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is JEHOVAH of hosts: the whole earth is full of HIS GLORY.

8.And I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I [Jehovah] send, and who will go for us? Then I said, Here am I; send me. Isaiah. 9. And he [Jehovah] said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. 10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they sea with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and turn again, and be healed.

After the Gospel writer John quoted Isaiah chapter 6. John now concludes by saying, 41.These things said Isaiah, because he [Isaiah] saw HIS GLORY; and he spake of him [Jesus].

The NIV says, Isaiah said this because he saw Jesus' glory and spoke about him. Even though the word ''Jesus'' doesnt appear in the original Greek. The context of show that the ''his'' here is a reference to Jesus.

THEREFORE; If we were to ask John: who did you see sitting on the throne AND whose Glory did you see? He would say ''I saw JESUS'' And then, if were to ask Isaiah the same question, who did you see sitting on the throne AND whose Glory did you see? Isaiah would say, ''I saw JEHOVAH'' - - - - - Hence, the Jesus that John saw is the Jehovah that Isaiah saw. *

elijah_2 16.05.12 - 03:31am
THE THIRD PERSON of the Omnipotent God whom we call the Holy Spirit is called and identified as Jehovah

In Psalm 95:6-11 the Psalmist David made reference to the wilderness temptation and he says plainly, that the Israelites provoked Jehovah God himself; then he quotes what Jehovah said to the people with his own mouth, not by the mouth of Moses. Jehovahs own mouth.

Oh come, let us worship and bow down; Let us kneel before JEHOVAH our Maker: 7. For he is our God, And we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. [quote] ''To-day, oh that ye would hear his voice 8. Harden not your heart, as at Meribah, As in the day of Massah in the wilderness; 9. When your fathers tempted ME, Proved ME, and saw MY work. 10. Forty years long was I grieved with that generation, And said, It is a people that do err in their heart, And they have not known MY ways: 11. Wherefore I sware in MY wrath, That they should not enter into MY rest.''

In Hebrews 3:6-11 the Apostle Paul quotes Psalm 95:7-11 and he says plainly that it is the third person whom we call the Holy Spirit that uttered those words himself,

But Christ as a son, over his house; whose house are we, if we hold fast our boldness and the glorying of our hope firm unto the end. 7. Wherefore, even as THE HOLY SPIRIT SAITH, [quote] ''To-day if ye shall hear his voice, 8. Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, Like as in the day of the trial in the wilderness, 9. Where your fathers tried ME by proving ME, And saw MY works forty years. 10. Wherefore I was displeased with this generation, And said, They do always err in their heart: But they did not know MY ways; 11. As I sware in MY wrath, They shall not enter into MY rest.''

THEREFORE; If were to ask the Psalmist David who was it that the Israelites provoked AND who was it that uttered those words? He who say JEHOVAH Himself And then; if we were to ask the Apostle Paul the same question: who was it that the Israelites provoked AND who was it that uttered those words? He would say THE HOLY SPIRIT Himself - - - - - Hence, the Jehovah that David spoke about was and is the Holy Spirit. *

elijah_2 16.05.12 - 03:01pm
Likewise, the first person of the Omnipotent God who we call The Father he is called God (Galatians 1:1, 3). The second person of the Omnipotent God who we call the Son he is also called God (John 1:1; 20:17). The third person of the Omnipotent God who we call the Holy Spirit too is called God (Acts 5:3, 4). Yet the Bible says, God is one (Deuteronomy 6:4). The first person of the Omnipotent God is called Lord (Acts 17:24). The second person of the Omnipotent God is called Lord (1 15:47 ). The third person of the Omnipotent God too is called Lord (2 Corinthians 3:17). Yet the Bible says, there is one Lord - - - *

elijah_2 16.05.12 - 03:40pm
SUMMARY: If the first person of the Omnipotent God whom we call the Father is identified as JEHOVAH, and the Second person of the Omnipotent God whom we call the Son is identified as JEHOVAH, and the third person of the Omnipotent God whom we call the Holy Spirit is identified as JEHOVAH. And likewise, the Father is identified as God, the Son is identified as God, and the Holy Spirit is identified as God.

And the Father is NOT the Son, and the Son is NOT the Father, - the Son is NOT the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit is NOT the Son, - the Father is NOT the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit is NOT the Father. And there is ONE JEHOVAH.

Then, the ONLY conclusion that can be drawn is that: Father, Son, Holy Spirit is the ONE Jehovah God. And the Bible makes provision for this truth. The Bible uses the words: Elohim and Ecah together in one verse. Both words are often used in the Plural.

Hear O Israel Jehovah our God [Elohim] is one [Ecah] Jehovah. (Deuteronomy 6:4)

Elohim literally means; plural; more than one AND Ecah means; one, unity, togetherness; jointly.

Therefore; the two words together can mean; a unity of more than one person or thing.

And the word: Elohim is even use with plural pro nouns: Us and Our

God [Elohim] said, Let us, make man in our image, after our likeness. (Genesis 1:26). *

elijah_2 16.05.12 - 03:59pm
To be Continued... *

This topic is locked.
* BIBLE-STUDIES Forum

Search:
topics replies

* BIBLE-STUDIES

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits