BIBLE-STUDIES - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* BIBLE-STUDIES > Topics

Subject: THE 70 WEEKS PROPHECY
Replies: 77 Views: 2507
6-<< 2-<

elijah_2 30.03.11 - 02:27pm
Malachi [Malachi 3:1]

1. Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the LORD, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts. *

elijah_2 30.03.11 - 02:36pm
Who was this, voice of one crying in the wilderness? AND the messenger that the LORD will send to prepare the for him? *

elijah_2 30.03.11 - 05:31pm
Luke 3:1-3

1. Now in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, Pontius Pilate being governor of Judaea, and Herod being tetrarch of Galilee, and his brother Philip tetrarch of Ituraea and of the region of Trachonitis, and Lysanias the tetrarch of Abilene,

2. Annas and Caiaphas being the high priests, the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness.

3. And he [John the Baptist] came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins. *

elijah_2 30.03.11 - 06:01pm
John 1:19-27

19. And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him [John the Baptist], Who art thou?

20. And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am NOT the Christ [Messiah].

21. And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elijah And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.

22. Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself?

23. He [John the Baptist] said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Isaiah. *

elijah_2 30.03.11 - 06:30pm
MATHEW 3:3

3. For this is he [John the Baptist] that was spoken of by the prophet Isaiah, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight. *

elijah_2 30.03.11 - 06:39pm
MARK 1:2-3

2. As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

3. The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight. *

elijah_2 30.03.11 - 06:59pm
There are two things I want us to note from those four passages that we looked at:

(1) The one that was prophesied by Isaiah AND Malachi that was to arrive just before the appearance of the Messiah, was the one called John the Baptist.

(2) John the Baptist came on the scene and started to preached in:

(i) in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar.

(ii) Pontius Pilate being governor of Judaea.

(iii) Herod being tetrarch of Galilee.

(iv) [Herod's] brother Philip tetrarch of Ituraea and of the region of Trachonitis.

(v) Lysanias the tetrarch of Abilene.

(Luke 3:1) *

elijah_2 30.03.11 - 07:02pm
The fiftheenth year of Tiber Caesar was the year 27 A.D. *

elijah_2 12.04.11 - 06:37pm
Remember now, that John the Baptist was to be the one who would prepare the way of the LORD [Jehovah] and make his [Jehovah] path straight according to Malachi 3:1 & Isaiah ].

That's the reason you constantly here him saying, *

elijah_2 12.04.11 - 07:23pm
LUKE 3:16

16. John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he [the One to come] shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire: *

elijah_2 12.04.11 - 07:33pm
JOHN 1:26-27

26. John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not;

27. He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose. *

elijah_2 12.04.11 - 07:41pm
MATHEW 3:13-14

13.Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.

14. But John forbad him [Jesus], saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me? *

elijah_2 12.04.11 - 08:04pm
THERE ARE SEVERAL THINGS WE ARE TO NOTE:

(1) The LORD [Jehovah] said a day was coming when he would come into the earth to his temple.

(2) But before he [Jehovah] comes, he [Jehovah] will send his messenger [John the Baptist] to prepare the way before him, to make his [Jehovah] path straight.

(3) John the Baptist says that (i) 'I am the messenger that was prophesied about by Malachi and Isaiah to come before the LORD [Jehovah].

(4) John then said, 'the LORD [Jehovah] whose way i was to prepare is JESUS.' Therefore; JESUS is the JEHOVAH who was to suddenly come to his temple.
[Notice: Jeremiah 23:5-6]

5. Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth. 6. In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he [the Messiah] shall be called, THE LORD [Jehovah] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

That's the reason why the Messiah is also called 'IMMANUEL' (which means; 'God with us') Mathew 1:23

(5) John the Baptist began baptizing in the fifteenth year of Tiberus Caesar which history bore out; was the year 27 A.D.

(6) Jesus came to him to be baptize by John in that fifteenth year of Tiberus Caesar (27 A.D.). *

elijah_2 12.04.11 - 09:22pm
According to the 69 weeks (483 years) time line, the Messiah who appear at the end of the 69 weeks (483 years), and we already saw that the word Messiah means; The Anointed One

Now, we also saw that John the Baptist started baptizing in the fifteenth year of Tiberus Caesar which history bores out to be the year 27 A.D. And it was at that time Jesus came to John and was baptized. *

elijah_2 13.04.11 - 05:00pm
JOHN 1:29-30

29. The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

30. This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me. *

elijah_2 13.04.11 - 05:02pm
MARK 1:9-10

9. And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.

10. And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him: *

elijah_2 13.04.11 - 05:08pm
MATHEW 3:16

16. And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him. *

elijah_2 13.04.11 - 05:15pm
ACTS 10:38

38. How God [the Father] anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. *

elijah_2 13.04.11 - 05:18pm
Notice: Luke says the Holy Spirit descending upon Jesus at his baptism, was God's way of anointing him. *

elijah_2 13.04.11 - 05:27pm
REVIEW:
The Messiah was to appear in the 27 A.D. According to the prophecy of Daniel 9. The word 'Messiah' means; 'the anointed One.' Therefore: The Messiah would be the One, that would be 'anointed' in the year 27 A.D. *

elijah_2 13.04.11 - 05:31pm
Jesus left his carpenters' bench in the year 27 A.D. And went to John the Baptist, and was baptized, and at his baptism the Holy Spirit descended upon him anointing. Which means Jesus is the 'Messiah.' *

elijah_2 13.04.11 - 05:37pm
Let us look at passage of scripture, that talks about and event that took place one Sabbath morning where Jesus went into the Temple and read Isaiah 61 which talks about the Messiah. *

elijah_2 13.04.11 - 05:38pm
LUKE 4:16-21
16. And he [Jesus] came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
17. And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written (Isaiah 61),
18. The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he [the Father] hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
19. To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
20. And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
21. And he began to say unto them, this day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears. *

elijah_2 13.04.11 - 05:42pm
Note: Jesus read the prophecy in Isaiah 61 that talks about the Messiah, and then he finished by saying, that passage of scripture in Isaiah 61 that talks about the Messiah is fulfilled by him. In otherwords, he was saying, 'I am the Messiah'. *

elijah_2 13.04.11 - 05:48pm
Conclusion: To our first date 27 A.D.

Thus, 'the anointed One' [Messiah] that was to appear at the end of the 69 weeks (483 years) which is the year 27 A.D. Was none other than, Jesus Christ of Nazareth. *

elijah_2 13.04.11 - 06:47pm
THE SECOND DATE we have is the year 31 A.D.

According to the prophecy what are the events that were to transpire in the year 31 A.D.? *

elijah_2 19.05.12 - 04:26pm
To be Continued... *

6-<< 2-<

* BIBLE-STUDIES Forum

Search:
topics replies

* BIBLE-STUDIES

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits